Saturday, August 20, 2011

Leavin' Never Comin' Back Again

I can't tell you why people come into our lives just to rip us apart and then walk away and not look back. I can't tell you why we get our hearts broken. I can't tell you why bad things happen to us or the people around us...but ive been thinkin about that stuff tonight.
I think back on my highschool years wondering why so many things happened. Why did my grandma have to die....and why did my grandpa have to go with her not even a year later?
Why did some friends decide to use me the way they did? Why did a friend and a boyfriend have to break my heart?
Well ill tell you one thing i knew when these things happened...i thought to myself, "I will never heal from this. I will never feel better again, i will never open up to anyone ever again, and i will never be ok."
Of course this was right after all these events happened. As time went on, I learned every time, without fail, that whatever i was leaning on for strength was not what i was suppose to be trusting in. My focus had been lost, my path distorted, and i didnt know how to get back to where i had been before.
These events happened and i was literally thrown off course, i was no longer focusing on my best friend...father...and creator God. I had been focusing on the hurt that was left in the aftermath of the hurricane that struck my life at that moment.
One minute i would be focused, then the next my whole life would be uprooted and thrown upside down and i wouldnt know where to turn. Well i figured out where to lock my gaze...and that is on God.
So let me tell you what i DO know about these things...I may not know why people come into our lives just to rip us apart and walk away...but i do know that in the long run, those people make us stronger by what they do to us...and i may not know why the people we love get taken away from us...but i DO know that God takes them home with him, because he knows that is the best way that he can love them...and...i may not know why our hearts get broken...but i DO know that God CAN heal our hearts and make them new again, and only he can take away that pain.
God has a bigger plan for you than you could ever dream for yourself.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment